Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Etc./ Movie/The Station Agent

In the section of Tea I read this morning on the train, the lead character ordered a cafe con leche, which made a wonderful movie pop into my head.

It's a simple story of friendship and loneliness: beautifully written and acted. It stars Peter Dinklage, Patricia Clarkson and Bobby Cannavale. By turns hilarious and heartbreaking, it's about a guy born as a dwarf whose only friend dies and how he makes his way in the world afterwards.

Okay, so I'll admit that I avoided it for a long time because I thought it would be all icky heartstrings, but after I rented the DVD, I had to buy it. I watch it every once in a while, when I need to remember that just because my life sucks at that moment, it doesn't always, and even I should hold out hope in my dusty, crusty heart.

Not to be missed!

No comments: